Knowing your face shape is extremely important to understand what haircut, glasses and makeup tricks works best for you.
Want to know whats is your face shape? Grab a mirror and follow the steps below.
Contact us if you would like to have a personal session with our Personal Stylist.
Step 1: Identify the widest part of your face.
• All things equal: If the width of your forehead, cheekbones and jaw are slightly equal, then you could have an oval, round or square face.
• Forehead: When the forehead is widest and the face gently tapers down to the chin, then your face falls into the heart-shape category or the triangle shape.
• Cheekbones: If your cheekbones are the widest area on your face, you have a diamond shape.
• Jaw: If your jaw is the widest part, you most likely to have a wedge face.
Step 2: Identify the shape of your jaw
• Round: Round and oval face shapes have a slightly rounded jaw.
• Square: If you have a strong jaw.
• Pointy: When the chin comes to a distinct point, your face shape is heart.
Step 3: Find the length of your face
• Average: Most face shapes are a little bit longer than they are wide
• Short: If you have almost equal proportions but the cheeks are a bit wider, then your face has more of a round shape.
• Long: You have an oblong shape if your face has a longer lower half.
Still not sure? Compare what you have with the face shape infos:
Round: Cheekbones are the widest part. They are larger than forehead and jawline, which also have a similar measurement.
Square: Width and length nearly equal. The angle of the jaw is sharp.
Oblong: Face length is longer than it is wide. Forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are similar in size.
Diamond: Face tapers from cheek to jaw, then the cheekbones are the widest part and the jawline the smallest.
Triangular: Forehead is the widest part. Face can be any length.
Oval: Forehead is wider than jaw, the face length is larger than the cheekbones.
Wedge: Narrow at forehead and the jaw is the widest part.